Just a little ‘Something for the Weekend’.
In the days before children, Ed used to often make something like this on a Friday night after work. Something to tide us over until dinner.
The truth of the matter was, once we’d had this and a few beers, we rarely got round to bothering with dinner. Now if we have it it’s more of a lunchtime thing and a good standby when you haven’t been shopping but have eggs-a-plenty. A good one for all you chicken owners that I am slightly envious of.
- Thinly slice some new potatoes and fry them in a heavy frying pan until browned
- Slice some onion and garlic and add this to the pan and cook until golden
- If you have it slice some courgette and add this too
- Whisk up 6 eggs, season well and pour over the vegetables
- Turn the heat down low and allow to cook for around 10 minutes until golden on one side
- By using a plate to flip the tortilla, turn it over in the pan
- Brown on the other side for a good 10 minutes